Clutter is one of those things that most people struggle with everyday. With the holidays literally around the corner, there is no time like the present to get a head start on organizing and preparing for the craziness that lies ahead.
Around holiday time, gift-wrapping paper supplies can be a main culprit for creating unneeded stress and anxiety. Getting those supplies located and organized beforehand can save you time, money and a lot of aggravation when it comes to gift-wrapping time.
(http://leaveit2lori NULL.wpengine NULL.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Holiday-Blog-Dog-Wrapping-Suplies NULL.jpg)
Here are 5 easy steps to follow that will get your gift wrapping supplies organized and ready for the holidays.
1. Inventory of the wrapping paper sullies you already own. Walk around your house and look in closets, drawers, cabinets and the garage for any and all wrapping supplies that you own and place the all together in one place.
2. Access what you have. Discard any supplies that are unusable; tired and faded, ripped and crinkled, smooched or unraveled. You will most likely never use them so get them out of the way now to make room for the fresh supply.
3. Sort like items together by making piles for:
- wrapping paper
- gift bags
- gift tags
- supplies needed; scissors, clear tape, glue gun
4. Determine what you need. Once you have sorted and purged all of your items make a list of what is missing by asking yourself:
(http://leaveit2lori NULL.wpengine NULL.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/check-list_0 NULL.jpg)
- Do you have enough wrapping paper?
- Are you out of red tissue?
- Are you low on clear tape?
- Is it time to stock back up on bows?
- Has your gift tag selection dwindled down?
5. Create a list of what you need to buy. I keep my list in my phone under ‘notes’ so when I get to the store I know where it is. Put your list where you need to so that you have it with you when you need it.
Once everything is sorted and streamlined, you will be ready to pack it up into some kind of container for easy accessibility and proper storage. Stay tune for next week’s blog post on: How to Store your Gift Wrapping Supplies.