Out with the old…stuff that is! Make getting organized your #1 resolution this year. If you have items around that you do not use, need or love — say goodbye. This is your opportunity to take advantage of a new beginning!
- Closet clean-up. My motto is that if it doesn’t make you feel great when you put it on, then it doesn’t belong in your closet. If it is torn, tired or needs repair, then either do so or say goodbye! Treat yourself to matching hangers which will allow you more space and inspire you when you go to get dressed in the morning. Check out my 10 Tips to Organize Your Closet.
- Purge the Paper pile-up. This may seem overwhelming to some, which is why you can hire a professional organizer to help you through this daunting process. Begin by going through and eliminating the junk and only keep the important papers. Get clear about which papers to keep and which to toss.
- Clean your Desk top. Remove everything from your desktop and place it in a box…or two. Clean the surface and place back only the items that actually belong there which should consist of items you use the most. This could include your computer, phone, inbox, holder for pens and scissors, tape.
- Pre-plan for next years tax’s. Get a box and label it “Taxes 2015″. Throughout the year as tax related items show up, place them in the box for safe keeping. These items may include: bank statements, receipt’s for business expenses, charity receipts, paid bills, medical expenses.
- Tackle the toys. Children’s toys have a way of taking over. Purge them regularly to keep them at bay. Donate or toss any toys that are out grown, broken, missing pieces or inappropriate.
- Prepare for spring cleaning. Designate a box somewhere in your home for; 1. Items to be donated, 2. Items to be repaired, 3. Items to be returned. Make sure boxes are easily accessible and fill them up when the time arises. Once full, time to disperse.
- Dump the junk in your email inbox. The first step to clearing the clutter from your inbox is to stop it from getting in there in the first place. Unsubscribe for any newsletters and junk mail that fill up your inbox.
- Clean-out that junk drawer. Make sure to empty out ALL of the contents first, wipe it down and then begin. Refer to “Organize the Junk drawer in 6 Easy Steps” for guidance on getting organized.
- Give your pantry a Fresh new start. Toss anything that is expired or stale. Sort items into categories. For ideas on how to make your pantry organized, functional and beautiful check out my Pinterest page on Pantry Organization.
- Holiday card mailing list clean-up. Take the time now to update all addresses that have been changed, added or deleted. This will give you a jump start on getting organized for the holidays next year.
Join the discussion 2 Comments
If you work in Newport Beach, I would love to hire you
Unfortunately Heather Newport Beach is outside of my territory. However, depending on the scope of work, I may be able to refer another organizer.